My Pattern Pyramid is here! Turned up in the mail a few days ago, and I’ve finally managed to get a photo of it for you all.
Isn’t it beautiful? I made it into a sort of pyramid shape with the help of the lovely card Amber from soisewedthis who sent it to me. Although truth to tell, I thought the “Pyramid” part of it was alluding to pyramid schemes – kinda turning the concept into a nice one! But hey, why not two versions of the word?
There are some nice shorts/trousers in that Burda mag, otherwise it is full of things like fur-lined cloaks. Hmmm It’s 34C outside at the moment (No idea what that is in farenheit, sorry, but body temp is 36-37C to give you an idea) And 70% humidity. I don’t really want a fur-lined cloak *meep* And that darling vintage-y skirt and blouse is sadly not in my size. I’m really most enamoured of that blouse pattern in the middle of the bottom row.
Also for the record I didn’t get any of the lovely labels put into it at the beginning. Must have gotten lost in transit somewhere
And I’ve got heaps of ideas for what to replace it with. In fact I have so many I reckon I could start up another pattern pyramid myself. In fact, the more I think about it, the more the idea appeals.
Perhaps I could draw two names out of the hat, one for one I set up and one for Did You Make That’s pattern pyramid…
Now, who wants in for the next leg of the pattern pyramid?
Legs on the pyramid? Things are getting a bit weird now O_o
I’ll just copy-and paste the original rules seeing how they are working well! But I’ll add a request: I don’t have many readers on this blog, so if you guys could spread the word, that would be lovely. The more the merrier! (This really is so much FUN!!!)
From Did You Make That’s blog post:
- Anyone, anywhere can enter the giveaway by posting a comment below by midnight GMT Friday 29 June BUT you must have an active blog. (Reasons to become obvious.)
- I will randomly select six winners.
- I will post a selection of approximately 5-6 patterns and/or Burda magazines to each winner, along with a generous number of hand woven labels to be sewn into anything made from one of these patterns.
- Each winner will pick one pattern to keep for themselves, then host their own giveaway. They will randomly select a winner, post the remaining patterns to that Person C. Person C will pick a pattern for themselves, host their own giveaway and post the remaining patterns to the winner, Person D. Person D will…
You get the idea! I’m really keen to see how far and wide we can spread the pattern love and I’m intrigued to see who ends up with what.
THE SMALL PRINT
- No way am I going through 30 patterns, ensuring that every pattern piece is there. This is pot luck!
- Please don’t email me for specifics on the 30+ patterns. Take your chance!
- Your selection of patterns will be picked at random, though I do promise to attempt a good variety of makes. Please don’t contact me asking for specific patterns.
- I will keep a couple of patterns for myself, because I deserve it.
- If you’re a winner, I would love it if you could make a small contribution to The Brooke. This is a charity close to the heart of Catherine, who so generously provided these patterns.
Obviously, I’m operating on a huge level of trust – but I totally trust my readers. All I ask of participants is to engage in a timely fashion, launching their own giveaways soon after receiving a parcel. I also ask that you be happy to post patterns worldwide – we really want to spread the love! Once I send the patterns out, I’m not going to attempt to moderate further giveaways, but I’m curious to see how long this takes until the final patterns find loving homes. So please contact me with details of your win and where you live – I suspect another world map is essential! (Remember the World Map of Snoods?)
Finally, if you’re taking part or just want to spread the love, please feel free to add the below button to your blog’s sidebar. Let the fun commence!