Nah just joking. I have been sewing in 2013, 2014, 2015 and now even 2016. I just haven’t kept this up. I’ll get to in over the next few weeks of blog housekeeping
2012 completed sewing projects
- Green sage sateen cotton-lycra dress – Vogue 2193. Must blog about it, I just finished it tonight!
- Skirt from same sage sateen cotton-lycra from one of my most TNT patterns of all time, Simplicity 9053. Need to blog about this too.
- Flamingo dress (Simplicity 4072)
- ANOTHER pair of shorts from my latest shorts TNT pattern, the vintage Style 1961. Not blogged about yet.
- Red hat (Vogue 7460 main picture)
- Wedding dress trial number 2 – black and pink polkadot (Vogue 2788)
- Loungewear dress based on Simplicity 2927, aiming for something like this from this lovely shop on Etsy, but with Amy Butler fabric:
- Red and grey striped knee-length shorts from this pattern and fabric (the tea mug is there for size comparison 🙂
- 5 nightgowns. Yes, you read that right. 5. Two found here. And two found here. Ok, one of them (not blogged yet) I made about 10 yrs ago from an online set of instructions to make a Renaissance chemise. Even though it was made of silk, I didn’t like it back then and chucked it in the back of a cupboard. I rediscovered it the other month, chopped the sleeves short and now love it 🙂
- Rose-pink bloomers – Butterick 4406 (So comfy, and no one would dream they are fancied-up jamie trousers!)
- Vintage shorts from an op-shop pattern, Style 1961 that quickly has become my TNT shorts and 3/4 trousers pattern. Not sure if I sewed these 2012 or 2011 but they are blogged 2012
- Madeleine Mini bloomers in navy silk (from a sari and the silk is crap sadly 😦 Pattern is great though.
- Wedding dress trial #1 – Sense and Sensibility’s 1780’s portrait dress
- Copied Schoolhouse Tunic (from Sew Liberated) using my own pattern – Simplicity 8473 – two versions of it.
2012 Completed Craft Projects
2011 Completed sewing projects (Scroll down for completed craft projects)
October – Concentrating on UFO month!
I have to put here all the work I did on learning to make bras. Nothing finished yet but a lot closer to it. YAY!
Coral-orange rayon knit t-shirt
White cotton and lace undies
Modifying 4 prs of rtw undies to fit better
“Vintage navy” shorty-shorts in cotton-lycra poplin, a very definitely vintage Style 1609 pattern circa 1976 from the op-shop on the corner.
Purple ribstop cotton gaucho-style trousers, based on Style 1609 and a pair of gaucho trousers found in an op-shop in Freo that suited me particularly well.
Most of my sewing this month was tweaking the fit on the op-shop clothes I found in Freo:
Taking in the darts on the white crossover top (op-shop find)
Removing lining (hot and yukky) on Cue skirt
Another doll’s dress, this time for my own Wood Elf Beckie. A lovely frog and pond kinda craft print with matching green trim.
Oh dear, I haven’t been keeping this page up. Or did I just not actually complete anything in June?
Wait up, I did Lugi’s second jacket, and it worked. YAY!
Luigi’s jacket (trial run)
Shirred butterfly nightie
Silk op-shop dress refashion
Pink t-shirt with yellow contrast sleeves and trim – pattern from RTW t-shirt of a friend
white purple/rayon top refashioned to be cooler and added hand-crochet trim – even after such a refashion I didn’t like it. It is turning into a TOAD (thrown out in absolute disgust!)
1940’s hair scarf and matching belt
Silk hair scarves x 3 for friend
Green tartan half-circle skirt
white voile blouse from op-shop – refashioned darts to fit waist and short back-to-neck. (looks like it is gonna be a wardrobe staple now!)
“Rose ticking” blouse
Green leaf top, raglan-sleeve, close-fitted – Vogue 4988
‘Walkaway dress’ muslin-turned-top – Butterick 4790
White dress – no pattern – sewn from fabric that came already shirred.
Purple linen/rayon top makeover – Adapted from a Vogue coat pattern
Pink striped t-shirt, peasant style
Completed craft projects
Two decoupage sewing boxes and one decoupage hat-box
Wot happened? Did I do Nothing???
White crochet trim for rayon/linen top.
pink/white lace for Rose Ticking top